Quyen in Joburg

Monday, July 24, 2006

Turkey Soup


So I'm making turkey soup from the leftover meal the other night. Spent all morning scheduling the equipment needs--the scenery changes dramatically from block to block. As we were driving around yesterday we spotted this amazing burnt field with tall grass growing along the perimeter. I couldn't get my camera in time, but we're definitely going back to scout again. Fields are burned here to control fires, and as you drive along the highway the landscape is dotted with black rectangles along the roads and beyond. It's cool at night when the fires are blazing, knowing that these are control measures. Here's a picture of a young Zulu boy taken in Hillbrow. I'm trying to post more pics, but blogger is SO SLOW for some reason. Tomorrow we're going to the game farm until Thursday, so I will have no access to email until then. Don't miss me too much!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home