Quyen in Joburg

Monday, September 11, 2006

September 11

This morning as I watched the 9/11 coverage on 60 Minutes, I couldn't help but feel extremely fortunate to be alive. Not only fortunate, but actually priviledged. Here I am 5 years later, living in Los Angeles, studying film at UCLA. I would never have guessed that within a few months after 9/11 I would quit my cushy job at Deloitte to become a photographer full time, and that I would be travelling to South Africa to shoot movies 5 years later.

It's easy to be selfish. It's easy to be petty. When I catch myself being both, it's hard to keep everything in perspective sometimes, but I know that I need to be grateful. And I am. I didn't think I was going to make it on that fateful day, so I am thankful that I get to live and travel and tell others about my experiences.

I'd like to share some photos taken on 9/11.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home