Quyen in Joburg

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Bryce and Richard



I apologize to all my loyal blogger fans, Lillian and Sam and the Rooster, but this one is personal. Bryce and Richard, you guys know how I feel about you, so here's to our good times before I forget. To anyone else who reads this it will probably make no sense whatsoever, but you have to realize that without these boys, we couldn't have made this film. You boys rock. I will miss you dearly. And in no particular order at all:

1. Car Accidents with Germans
2. Springbok Pie
3. Breaking glasses at the Game Farm
4. Being attacked by flying embers
5. Sleeping on the couch
6. Not sleeping on the couch
7. Ceremony (sir-REM-uh-nee)
8. Chocolates from the garage
9. Going over the top
10. Crazy-eyed kids in the intersection
11. Two cheeseburgers from McDonald's for breakfast
12. Lakeside Mall
13. Fresh whole cream milk
14. Portuguese restaurants in Melville
15. Beer at Lemongrass
16. Only smoking YSL's
17. Putting BNC's in mouths
18. Constantly dealing crack on set
19. but loving every second of it
20. What are we waiting for?
21. Our shady waiter in Sandton
22. Car mounts
23. Crazy Hillbrow "landlady"
24. Camera tests = B Roll
25. Moses totally hooking us up
26. Totally scoring with those vouchers
27. Never actually bringing any of our boys any beer (we suck)
28. P-p-p-p-ssy
29. Will you be my fiancee?
30. Pearl Cream--Ancient Oriental Secret
31. Driving around 'til after sunrise avoiding the cops
32. Katz Pyjamas
33. F-ck I'm hot
34. F-ck you're hot
35. It's like that Seinfeld episode
36. Mildew clothes
37. Arnica massages
38. Rubbing your heads
39. Make me an omelette
40. I just want a coffee, is that too much too ask?
41. Oh, and a scarf and a beanie
42. Vida Cafe in Greenside
43. Navigating by that damn burnt field
44. Short and stout
45. Gay, butch guy trapped in a woman's body
46. Not carrying handbags
47. Is he gay? Is he? Isn't everyone?
48. Baby! Darling!
49. Benoni
50. Joe Slovo
51. Hillbrow
52. Broken showers
53. Good Job!
54. Moisturizing dry skin
55. Champagne lunch at Soulsa
56. Freezing on the rooftop because we didn't have our scarves and gloves
57. Nearly falling off the rooftop
58. The Video Store
59. Rugby at the equipment house
60. Our favorite Steers
61. Melville
62. Electrolytes
63. I NEED GUM NOW
64. Madame Zingara's and sitting on menus
65. Madame Zingara's body shots by the end of dinner
66. Our wine attendant at Morgenster
67. Sugar Mamma
68. Thai descent, Thai meal
69. China Corner
70. (At Bruma) - "Q, what do you use these items for?"
71. Bryce, I DON'T KNOW, I'm NOT Chinese!!!
72. Asian Count
73. David Kau
74. Absynthe shots
75. Transactions on street corners
76. Aqueous Cream
77. Scones on the Game Farm
78. Dance dance dance
79. That amazing bacon, avocado, cheese sandwich at WITS
80. Springbok Carpaccio with horseradish, rocket, and capers
81. Bl--- rape
82. Breakfast at 4 PM

I'm sure I'm leaving stuff out, but there were just too many fond memories we've shared. After living together for weeks on end, you'd think we'd tire of one another. Well, maybe you've tired of me, but I know I'm going to miss you guys dearly. Thanks for everything.

Love,
Q

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home