Quyen in Joburg

Monday, July 31, 2006

Carrot Cake, Cream and Cameras





I made carrot cake with cream cheese frosting (the secret is to add a touch of sour cream to the icing) for Thabo's birthday. Sue also made a delicious mutton stew with veggies for dinner, which is seared first then finished in the oven. Tomorrow night we're going to eat with his whole family to celebrate. Should be loads of fun! Here's a pic of Thabo's aunt and uncle with Bryce.

We also got some great news about the shoot (that tiny reason I'm here having the time of my life)--Bryce managed to get the camera package at a ridiculous rate. We encouraged him to flirt in Afrikaans with the sales lady, so she liked that, even though he's totally gay and she smoked at her desk. GROSS! (He's braiding my hair currently.)

Ironic--Bryce and I were working out at a Virgin gym(the same as the record store, owned by Richard Branson who owns EVERYTHING) but the music kept on skipping and stalling the whole time...

Finally, I am obsessed with lotions. Every time I go to CLICKS (with the unicorn insignia) I buy something else. My most recent purchase is lavendar and chamomile AQUEOUS CREAM for babies' delicate skin. It's so nice :)

OK, off to the shopping center location now and then meetings with potential gaffers, sparks, and assistants. We're actually INTERVIEWING people for these free positions--something is not right, but hey, can't complain!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sparks=electricians? cute.
the first line you wrote says "i made carrot cake" and the first picture is of all these lotions, and i thought, WOW, she can make carrot cake out of ANYTHING. ha ha

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home