Quyen in Joburg

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Sayonara

OK now the title of this post may lead you to think that I am Japanese, but really, we're all the same, so who cares, right? I am moving blogs...since I've been back in the States I've been cooking up a storm in my very well-equipped kitchen. Sadly, the one piece of kitchen cutlery I always miss most when I travel is my trusty Santoku knife, which, funnily enough, happens to be Japanese. Those Orientals are mighty resourceful when it comes to knives, I tell you. If you could have just ONE expensive knife, I would recommend the Santoku. Its hollowed edges grasp even the most slippery tomato or onion.

Anyway, as many of you know, I'm completely obsessed with all things edible...food, that is. I've been watching the Food Network religiously, mesmerized by all the episodes I missed while in Africa, but that my TIVO so lovingly captured. So, I'm going to start a new blog chronicling my food adventures. This may not sound very exciting...to vegans, especially, but I promise you I WILL keep up this food blog, as I am determined to master the perfect baguette, the savory souffle, and my latest venture--MALVA PUDDING!!! Mwaahh ah ah....

Speaking of which, I am currently baking my malva pudding. Holy crap there's a lot of cream and butter in the sauce! Yes, I'd like a heart attack on the side of my pudding, please. But, to you foodies everywhere, this dessert is absolutely divine if made correctly. And let me tell you...that malva pudding at KITCHEN BAR (the restaurant in Bryanston, South Africa which was held up by thugs sporting AK-47's...damn those guns have an intense kickback, but that's another story) was absolutely heavenly. Not too sweet. Tender, moist, but still held its integrity. Perfect a la mode with a double cappuccino. Perfetto!!

So anyway, thanks to all my blogger readers, all three of you (Lillian, Sam, and The Rooster.) Join me at FoodsnobInLA for more adventures, and PICTURES of food. Now doesn't that sound more exciting than being attacked by baboons in Kruger Park?

Miss you all,
Quyen (No Longer) In Joburg

Come visit my new blog at FoodsnobInLA. Buon appetito!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you sure you're not japanese? funny... you LOOK japanese... this is my final comment. as the orientals say: Over and out.

4:27 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Kim said...

as a fellow food nerd who wishes she had time to cook and people to cook for, i will happily volunteer to be the 4th loyal reader of your new blog. what's the URL?

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ghd hair straightener gvteaxam ghd australia pgpawfwt ghd hair straighteners galnbqcf

3:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home